Immediately’s column is dropped at you from Fallon, Nev. By the point you learn this, my husband and I shall be again in Southwest Washington, however the precise writing is happening on the highway. We’re on our manner again from a highway journey to Nevada to wrap up particulars reguarding my dad and mom’ property. A bittersweet journey to make certain.
It seems that Might is an ideal month to journey from Washington to Nevada. Spring remains to be evident wherever we go, and the excessive warmth of the desert hasn’t fairly hit (though it was 100 levels in Las Vegas whereas we have been there – not so unhealthy for Las Vegas residents however fairly scorching for anybody from the Northwest). Nonetheless, our vehicle journey has been one other memorable chapter within the Johnston family.
To honor Nationwide Street Journey Day (which occurs to happen on Might 27), I need to level out a small number of highway journey themed titles which might be out there on the library. There are numerous journey guides within the assortment, in each print and digital codecs, in addition to books and DVDs celebrating the human want for wanderlust. Irrespective of the itinerary — a weekend on the seashore, a Southwest highway journey, a Caribbean cruise — the library can act as a bibliographic journey agent.
On the highway once more / Simply can’t wait to get on the highway once more – Willie Nelson
- “Horatio’s Drive: America’s First Street Journey” (DVD) by PBS House Video.
- “Moon Drive & Hike Pacific Crest Path: The Greatest Path Cities, Day Hikes, and Street Journeys in Between” by Caroline Hinchliff.
- “The Open Street: 50 Greatest Street Journeys within the USA: From Weekend Getaways to Cross-Nation Adventures” by Jessica Dunham.
- “Pacific Coasting” by Danielle Kroll.
- “Street Journey USA: Cross-Nation Adventures on America’s Two-Lane Highways” by Jamie Jensen.
- “Washington Day Journeys by Theme” by Ellie Kozlowski.